In a recorded call that was nothing short of career suicide, Skyy Fisher, a Compton Unified school board member called 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, the Florida teen killed by George Zimmerman on February 26 in Sanford, Florida, a “faggot black dude” and school Superintendent Karen Frison a “bitch,” reports the Huffington Post.
The Huffington Post reports:
Fisher’s comments, which start at minute 7:22, include:
- “that white dude that killed that faggot black dude in Florida. I’m going to go out and try to search for this [inaudible].”
- “If you all see that George Zimmerman bitch, tell him I’m looking for him.”
- “That bitch superintendent wouldn’t give me a fucking district car, and I told that bitch that I was going to get her.”
- “The daughter is like, doing bad in the class, and she’s trying to get back at the teacher… The father comes to the board meeting, crying and shit to the board, talking about his daughter’s been raped and all kind of bullshit. All of a sudden, this motherfucker has six attorneys.”
- “Wow, so instead of you guys stealing the money, someone else is stealing the money from the district,” says one host. Fisher’s response: “Yeah! Yeah!”
- “We’re meeting this Tuesday at 7 o’clock. Oh! You’ve got to definitely come. There’s solidarity with this Trayvon Martin bitch, and I’m trying to get on news so I’m wearing the hoodies at the whole board meeting… It’s the perfect publicity stunt. I’m going to wear a hoodie, the news is going to come out, and I’m going to announce my candidacy for City Council, goddammit.”
- “If I saw myself walking down the street with a hoodie on, I’d shoot myself too!”
A concerned parent called L.A. Weekly with the tip.
In an update to this story, the Weekly reports that because the school board is technically the superintendent’s boss, Fisher can not be fired. Enough signatures would have to be collected by the public for a recall election.