Anthony Hills (pictured), a 55-year-old Charleston, S.C., man, died from flesh eating bacteria, WCSC reports.
The bacteria started in his right arm and right leg. Hills’ family says that he had a swollen arm and that he complained of not feeling well before being taken to a local hospital on Saturday. Doctors amputated his right arm and were considering amputating his right leg.
Hills died hours after being admitted.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
South Carolina has had other confirmed cases of flesh-eating bacteria besides Hills’, according to WCSC:
In mid-June Roper St. Francis officials confirmed an adult male was admitted to the hospital. His status is unknown.