An unhappy meal indeed!
Chicago mom, Anishi Spencer, alleges in a lawsuit filed Wednesday that her toddler ate a used condom in a McDonald’s play area on Feb. 4 of last year, reports the Huffington Post.
SEE ALSO: Who Should Be Face Of Chicago Violence
The complaint states that 2-year-old Jacquel “picked up a used condom that was on the floor.” The then-toddler “shortly thereafter coughed up a piece of used condom.” The distraught mom is seeking $50,000 in damages plus all of her attorney’s fees from the global burger chain. Spencer is taking aim at the establishment, claiming that it ”failed and neglected” to properly clean any hazardous debris and keep safe a play area designated for young children.
Spencer also contends that the chain neglected to use surveillance to uncover any “deviant activities” on its grounds.
SEE ALSO: Kimani Gray: Another NYPD Usual Suspect?
At the time of the incident, Jacquel was accompanied by his then-3-year-old brother, Jonathan. Regarding how the alleged incident has impacted her children, who were taken to a medical facility afterwards, Spencer states in the lawsuit that Jacquel “has suffered severe and permanent injuries–both physical and psychological– as well as pain and discomfort. He will become liable for sums of money for continued medical care throughout his life.”