Fashion has seen new waves of inspiration coming from various cultural backgrounds with Black models and entertainers as captains of the ship.
From mainstream campaigns led by models like Jessica White and Tyra Banks, to nearly every fashion magazine featuring women of color on their covers at the peak of Fashion Week, Black will never go out of style.
In honor of Black History Month 2016, NewsOne will honor the accomplishments of our Black politicians, organizers, entertainers, and everyday people who have undoubtedly contributed to this great nation.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
A Look Back: Michelle Obama's Best Looks At Past State Of The Union Addresses
8 photos Launch gallery
1. The State Of The Union Address In 2009.
1 of 8
2. The State Of The Union Address In 2010.
2 of 8
3. The State Of The Union Address In 2011.
3 of 8
4. The State Of The Union Address in 2012.
4 of 8
5. The State Of The Union Address In 2013.
5 of 8
6. State Of The Union Address in 2014.
6 of 8
7. State Of The Union Address 2015.
7 of 8
8. Michelle Obama 2016.
8 of 8
Black History Month: Celebrating Black Fashion was originally published on newsone.com