Our youth is criticized, short changed and all too often forgotten. The Larry Young Morning Show will help tackle this issue with a radiothon to support YouthWorks.
From the desk of Larry Young:
We’re not gonna be critical, we’re not gonna talk about five percent of our youth who are on negative vibes, but instead, we will encourage the overwhelming majority of our youth who want to be good citizens.
Some need jobs and want to work, so on Wednesday, June 22 (6 a.m. – 10 a.m.) the LYMS will host with the Mayor and some youth leaders a radiothon to raise money to help these young folks find jobs. We hope we can count on you to call in at 410-481-1010 and pledge your amount.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE
Below are the three ways people can help support YouthWorks:
- Become a YouthWorks worksite. There is still time for government agencies, non-profit organizations, and community groups that would like to serve as YouthWorks 2016 worksites to register online at youthworks.oedworks.com. Young people will be placed in summer jobs with your organization and you will provide supervision and mentoring. These positions are already funded.
- Make a donation. YouthWorks welcomes tax-deductible donations to pay the wages of youth placed at public sector worksites. It costs $1,500 to fund one young person in a YouthWorks summer job, but contributions of any amount are greatly appreciated. YouthWorks is now accepting online donations through the Baltimore City Foundation. Please visit baltimorecityfoundation.org and choose Mayor’s Office of Employment Development – YouthWorks 855-00 – to make your contribution. Checks can also be made payable to Baltimore City Foundation/YouthWorks and mailed to MOED, 101 W. 24th Street, Baltimore, MD 21218.
- Become a Hire One Youth employer. Private-sector businesses that want to be Hire One Youth employers can learn more and sign up online baltimorecity.gov/hireoneyouth.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Tunisia: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- South Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Algeria: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
Larry Young Morning Show: Baltimore YouthWorks Radiothon was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com