With the blessing of his family, “America’s Got Talent” honored contestant Dr. Brandon Rogers, who recently died in a car crash, by airing his stellar audition performance on Tuesday night.
Rogers, a Portsmouth, Virginia native and University of Virginia alumnus, was a family medicine doctor. He was inspired to become a doctor as a 6-year-old, after a frightening incident in which his mother was rushed to the hospital. The doctors who saved her life were heroes to him, and he wanted to help others in the same way.
“I feel like I’m in a field where I’m actually making a difference,” Rogers said in his audition reel. “And there can be really tough days, too. My ways to cope with the stress has always been music.”
While at UVA, Rogers sang for an a cappella group named ReMix, singing medleys of popular songs, including “End of the Road” by Boyz II Men. Rogers performed with the popular R&B group in Las Vegas earlier this year after they caught wind of his viral video of their song “On Bended Knee.”
Rogers was in his first year of residency at Riverside Brentwood Medical Center in Newport News when he auditioned for “America’s Got Talent.”
His performance of “Ribbon In The Sky” by Stevie Wonder was met with a standing ovation, all of the judges voted for him to make it to the next round.
A consistent refrain from those who knew him was Brandon Rogers was a good person with a great spirit. He will be missed by many.
SOURCE: America’s Got Talent
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
‘America’s Got Talent’ Airs Touching Tribute To Contestant Who Died In A Car Crash was originally published on newsone.com