Everyone knows TLC’s Chilli doesn’t date just anybody. Her high expectations and standards were displayed on her reality show, What Chilli Wants.
Well Chilli, whose real name is Rozonda Thomas, is still looking for Mr. Right. In a recent interview with Essence, she made it clear that she’s not lowering her standards because she knows what she’s bringing to the table.
Thomas also let it be known that when it comes to finding a man, she’s not just limiting herself to dating black men and she encourages other women of color to search for love outside their race.
“I want for women — especially for women of color — to not be so closed minded when it comes to love,” Chilli said. “God made all of us and you may not find your husband because you’re trying to stick to one group. You’ve got to be open.”
“You want the person who’s the best person for you, no matter what color he is,” she said.
Girl Power: R&B Girl Groups
10 photos Launch gallery
1. 1. Group En Vogue is known for best for their hit song "Hold On." (Photo: Retna)Source: 1 of 10
2. 2. The Las Vegas-based group was founded by Missy Elliott. (The Urban Daily)Source: 2 of 10
3. 3. The group Blaque made its first appearance in a Lil' Kim video. (Photo: Retna)Source: 3 of 10
4. 4. Brownstone is known best for its hit song "If You Love Me." (Photo: EURweb)Source: 4 of 10
5. 5. Destiny's Child was formed in Houston and has sold over 40 million albums. (Retna)Source: 5 of 10
6. 6. The group Jade is best known for the hit song "Don't Walk Away."Source: 6 of 10
7. 7. MoKenStef is best known for the hit song "He's Mine." (The Urban Daily)Source: 7 of 10
8. 8. Sisters With Voices originally formed as a gospel group in the 90's. (Photo: Rance Elgin)Source: 8 of 10
9. 9. TLC has been ranked one of the greatest musical trios.Source: 9 of 10
10. 10. Total was one of the signature acts of Bad Boy Records. (The Urban Daily)Source: 10 of 10
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER: