A Black woman was reportedly looking for assistance with voting when a Texas election judge began screaming telling the woman to get out and threatening to call to call the police, reports KVUE.
The incident, which was captured on video and shared with news station KVUE, shows Williamson County election judge and supervisor Lila Guzman yelling at a black woman who was reportedly asking for help during early voting on Friday, Nov 2.
“Get out. Get out. Get out. You are rude. You are not following the law,” Guzman is heard yelling at the voter. “Go. Go.”
The voter left before the cops arrived but no word on whether or not she ever got a chance to vote.
Guzman resigned because she claims that she quit because she wasn’t supported by Williamson County Elections officials.
“Our supervisor loses her composure in the middle of this, and that’s not something that we ever train our poll workers, supervisors, election judges and clerks to do,” Williamson County Elections Administrator Chris Davis told KVUE.
“We always train them and advise them to maintain control of the situation politely and answer voters’ questions and give voters options so situations like these don’t escalate.”
The woman who recorded the incident chose not to identify herself when she spoke with KVUE. She said that she knew she needed to start recording as soon as the woman starting getting loud.
“As soon as she started getting louder, I was like, ‘This is getting out of hand.’ So I began to record,” the voter said. “[Guzman] did tell her she couldn’t vote there, but she didn’t say where in Travis [County]. The lady did have an accent. She could’ve been new to the country. I don’t know, but she needed some help.”
The voter seen on the video has not been identified.
Celebs Who Voted In The 2018 Midterms
1. LeToya Luckett And Her Baby BumpSource: 1 of 15
2. Beyonce Showed Support For BetoSource: 2 of 15
3. Rihanna Was Behind Andrew GillumSource: 3 of 15
4. Oprah Showed Support For Stacey AbramsSource: 4 of 15
5. Kerry Washington Headed To The PollsSource: 5 of 15
6. Alicia Keys VotedSource: 6 of 15
7. Zendaya VotedSource: 7 of 15
8. Jada Got Her StickerSource: 8 of 15
9. Larenz VotedSource: 9 of 15
10. Kerry Washington Rocking Her 'I Voted' StickerSource: 10 of 15
11. Karruche VotedSource: 11 of 15
12. Jussie SmollettSource: 12 of 15
13. Nia Long Shows Off Her StickerSource: 13 of 15
14. Romany MalcoSource: 14 of 15
15. Kelly Rowland Got Her Vote OnSource: 15 of 15
Election Judge Tells Black Voter To ‘Get Out’ [Watch] was originally published on blackamericaweb.com