According to court documents obtained by The Blast, George Ian Boxill was ordered to pay the estate $3,960,287.65 for damages, costs and attorney’s fees.
Boxill was also reportedly ordered to return all Prince materials he obtained through his work for Prince to the estate.
The producer has filed documents to attempt to vacate the award and the estate has asked the court to confirm the judgment.
A judge has yet to officially sign off on the ruling.
Remembering Prince Through the Years
1. Prince1 of 15
2. Prince2 of 15
3. Fact: Prince was nicknamed "Skipper" as a kid.3 of 15
4. Prince rocking out on ABC's Good Morning America in June of 2006. (PR Photos)4 of 15
5. Fact: Prince was reportedly able to play 27 instruments5 of 15
6. Prince at the 2007 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in West Hollywood, CA. (PR Photos)6 of 15
7. Prince at The Bourne Ultimatum UK Premiere in Leicester Square in 2007. (PR Photos)7 of 15
8. Prince performs at London Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2008 in Eaton Square in London. (PR Photos)8 of 15
9. Prince performs in Chicago in 2011.9 of 15
10. Prince performs at London Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2008 in Eaton Square in London. (PR Photos)10 of 15
11. Prince at the 42nd NAACP Image Awards on March 4, 2011, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo)11 of 15
12. Wax Figure of Prince Unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in New York on January 16, 2009. (PR Photos)12 of 15
13. Prince was awarded with an "Icon Award" at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards. (AP)13 of 15
14. Fact: Prince played electric guitar on Madonna's "Like A Prayer." (Retna)14 of 15
15. Prince15 of 15
Prince Estate Awarded $4 Million Judgment Against Late Singer’s Producer was originally published on blackamericaweb.com