Baltimore City Police Department is short-staffed.
According to several Baltimore City Council members who met with police in a public forum at City Hall on Wednesday night, the patrol division is operating at a 68 percent level.
Department heads admitted to reporters Thursday that there is a problem when it comes to patrol staffing within the department and that they are playing catch-up.
This comes at the heals of the hiring of a new city police commissioner.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
For The Latest News: Follow @‘wolbbaltimore’
#WeWillPersist: 10 Black Women Who Deserve Their Own Monuments
1. Black Girls Rock!Source: 1 of 11
2. Missy ElliottSource: 2 of 11
3. Former First Lady Michelle ObamaSource: 3 of 11
4. Congresswoman Maxine WatersSource: 4 of 11
5. Harriet TubmanSource: 5 of 11
6. Viola DavisSource: 6 of 11
7. Ida Bell Wells-BarnettSource: 7 of 11
8. Sojourner TruthSource: 8 of 11
9. Serena WilliamsSource: 9 of 11
10. Rosa ParksSource: 10 of 11
11. Shirley ChisholmSource: 11 of 11
Report: Baltimore City Police Dept. Dangerously Short-Staffed was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com