The federal requirement for a REAL ID has a deadline of October 2020, if you want to fly or get into federal buildings. So there has been an influx of people going to the MVA.
More than one million Marylanders still need to submit paperwork to get their REAL IDs as the June 1 deadline approaches. Drivers would still be licensed in the state but their physical cards would be recalled.
The announcement comes as tens of thousands of Marylanders rush to fill out paperwork ahead of the deadline after which non-compliant licenses could be confiscated if a driver is stopped by police.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
For The Latest News: Follow @‘wolbbaltimore’
#WeWillPersist: 10 Black Women Who Deserve Their Own Monuments
1. Black Girls Rock!Source: 1 of 11
2. Missy ElliottSource: 2 of 11
3. Former First Lady Michelle ObamaSource: 3 of 11
4. Congresswoman Maxine WatersSource: 4 of 11
5. Harriet TubmanSource: 5 of 11
6. Viola DavisSource: 6 of 11
7. Ida Bell Wells-BarnettSource: 7 of 11
8. Sojourner TruthSource: 8 of 11
9. Serena WilliamsSource: 9 of 11
10. Rosa ParksSource: 10 of 11
11. Shirley ChisholmSource: 11 of 11
MVA Opens Additional Office To Help Drivers, As REAL ID Deadline Nears was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com