A man who confessed to murdering his ex-girlfriend was scheduled to be sentenced today in Youngstown, Ohio, but a fight broke out inside the courtroom.
The family of Elizabeth Pledger was about to give their victim impact statements when two family members tried to jump her killer, Dale Williams.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
One was hit with a taser and both men were arrested.
Williams pleaded guilty in the 2017 shooting death of Pledger. He admitted to gunning her down on Market Street in Youngstown. Investigators say he confessed that he waited over 45 minutes for her to drive by him on her way to work so he could run her off the road and shoot her.
His sentencing will be rescheduled because of the disturbance in the court.
- Ian Alexander Jr, The Son of Actress/Director Regina King Has Died
- DOJ Taskforce Charges Texas Man For Threats Against Georgia Election Workers
- Fed-Up Black Mississippi Senators Walkout Of Vote On Anti-Critical Race Theory Bill
- The Fugees Cancel Reunion Tour, Blame COVID
- Sister, Sister: NBA Reporter Sister Duo Share Special Moment Together On ESPN [Video]
- Mostly White Jury Selected In Federal George Floyd Case, Judge Claims Case Has ‘Absolutely’ Nothing To Do With Race
- TV Reporter Hit By SUV During Live Broadcast
- Comedian Louie Anderson Passes Away At Age 68
- The DMV Prepares For Up to 2 Inches of Snow & The Coldest Wind
- Texas Gubernatorial Candidate Won’t Fire White Nationalist Staffer Because He Doesn’t ‘Participate In Cancel Culture’
Fight Breaks Out Inside Ohio Courtroom During Murder Sentencing! was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com