When we point to women who are aging like fine wine, actress Angela Bassett is at the top of that list. With glowing skin, toned arms and washboard abs, she gives a lot of young girls a run for their money in terms of physical fitness. For years the 61-year-old has spoken about the benefits of skincare, her vegan diet and water intake.
But in a recent interview, she shared that cosmetic surgery has also helped maintain her youthful appearance.
Text “RICKEY”to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
In a recent interview with New Beauty, Bassett shared some of her beauty secrets. She began with the ones we might have assumed.
“I’m pretty passionate about keeping up with the skin care, especially being in front of the camera and on the stage. It’s important. When I’m not on stage or on camera, I’m pretty sans makeup—I think it’s good to keep a clear, clean fresh palette. I am a potions and lotions girl, so if you make me promises, I’ll give you a shot. I do really like the iS Clinical serums. I always come back around to them and they work really well for me. I also find good aestheticians everywhere, and then I have my dermatologist Dr. Pearl Grimes here in LA.
And then she shared a surprise—that she didn’t think the audience would consider a surprise.
I know lashes are no surprise! Botox is no surprise! I’m a big supporter of being natural, but I’ve done it twice. Just a little bit, not too much—I still need to express myself. What else? I’ve tried Ultherapy, too.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Ultherapy was a new term for me but according to another New Beauty article, it’s a procedure that uses focused ultrasound technology to create small, non-visible wounds on the ‘facelift’ layer of skin that is supposed to stimulate collagen growth.
Respect to Ms. Bassett for deciding to tell the truth about this particular beauty secret. As much as we know we shouldn’t compare ourselves to others, the task becomes difficult when celebrity likenesses are all over magazine covers, in the movies we watch and online. It’s good to know that in attention to a healthy diet, exercise, genetics and good sleep, there’s a another element at work here.
This story was originally posted on madamenoire.com.
See All Of Angela Bassett’s Best Red Carpet Moments Throughout The Years
1. 2017 Creative Arts Emmy AwardsSource: 1 of 33
2. 2017 FOX UpfrontSource: 2 of 33
3. 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards (2017)Source: 3 of 33
4. 68th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards (2016)Source: 4 of 33
5. 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards (2016)Source: 5 of 33
6. EE British Academy Film Awards (2016)Source: 6 of 33
7. Galia Lahav Los Angeles Flagship Store Grand Opening (2016)Source: 7 of 33
8. 12th Annual MusiCares MAP Fund Benefit Concert Honoring Smokey Robinson (2016)Source: 8 of 33
9. Premiere Of Focus Features’ ‘London Has Fallen’ (2016)Source: 9 of 33
10. Premiere Screening Of FX’s ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’ (2015)Source: 10 of 33
11. 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards (2014)Source: 11 of 33
12. 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards (2014)Source: 12 of 33
13. Watch What Happens Live – Season 10 (2013)Source: 13 of 33
14. 2012 BET AwardsSource: 14 of 33
15. The Paul Simon Songbook To Benefit Jazz At Lincoln Center Gala Concert And Dinner (2012)Source: 15 of 33
16. ‘Green Lantern’ Los Angeles World Premiere (2011)Source: 16 of 33
17. World Premiere Of NOTORIOUS (2009)Source: 17 of 33
18. BET HONORS Award Ceremony (2009)Source: 18 of 33
19. NOTORIOUS Premiere – 59th Berlin Film Festival (2009)Source: 19 of 33
20. Angela Bassett Honored with a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (2008)Source: 20 of 33
21. Heart Truth Red Dress Collection (2007)Source: 21 of 33
22. Escada Grand Opening of the Beverly Hills Flagship Boutique (2007)Source: 22 of 33
23. Jazz at Lincoln Center Celebrates 25 Years of Wynton Marsalis with the 14th Annual Fall Gala (2005)Source: 23 of 33
24. Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund Dinner (2005)Source: 24 of 33
25. Mr. 3000 Los Angeles Premiere (2004)Source: 25 of 33
26. 2004 American Black Film FestivalSource: 26 of 33
27. 2002 Emmy AwardsSource: 27 of 33
28. Vanity Fair Oscar’s After Party 2001Source: 28 of 33
29. ‘The Score’ New York Premiere (2001)Source: 29 of 33
30. World Premiere of ‘How Stella Got Her Groove Back’ (1999)Source: 30 of 33
31. 16th Annual CFDA Awards Gala (1997)Source: 31 of 33
32. First Annual ‘Tribute to Style’ Celebration (1996)Source: 32 of 33
33. 66th Annual Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon (1994)Source: 33 of 33
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Lamar Odom Says He’s Giving Up Porn + Why Porn Is A Problem For Black Men
- Nipsey Hussle’s Original Collaboration With Puma Is On The Way
- NJ Woman Torches Man’s House After He Stood Her Up For Late-Night Sex
“I’ve Done It Twice” Angela Bassett Reveals She’s Had Botox was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com