The group behind a planned revitalization of the nearly 240-year-old Lexington Market said Monday it has locked up nearly $40 million in funding, paving the way for construction to begin this year.
Baltimore-based developer Seawall plans to build a new market building on the existing south parking lot starting next month ahead of a planned mid-2021 opening. The Arcade will also come down to make way for a new public plaza.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
For The Latest News: Follow @wolbbaltimore
#WeWillPersist: 10 Black Women Who Deserve Their Own Monuments
1. Black Girls Rock!Source: 1 of 11
2. Missy ElliottSource: 2 of 11
3. Former First Lady Michelle ObamaSource: 3 of 11
4. Congresswoman Maxine WatersSource: 4 of 11
5. Harriet TubmanSource: 5 of 11
6. Viola DavisSource: 6 of 11
7. Ida Bell Wells-BarnettSource: 7 of 11
8. Sojourner TruthSource: 8 of 11
9. Serena WilliamsSource: 9 of 11
10. Rosa ParksSource: 10 of 11
11. Shirley ChisholmSource: 11 of 11
$40M In Financing For Lexington Market Project Secured was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com