According to NBC4i, several states have dropped or have plans to drop COVID-19 mask mandates, but Kroger, the country’s second-largest grocery employer, will not do so until all of their frontline workers can get a vaccine.
“To ensure the continued safety of our customers and associates, The Kroger Family of Companies will continue to require everyone in our stores across the country to wear masks until all our frontline grocery associates can receive the COVID-19 vaccine,” a Kroger spokesperson said via email Monday.
The Ohio-based company has been advocating for the prioritization of grocery store workers to receive the vaccine. Despite the CDC’s recommendation that they be among the first to receive the vaccine alongside teachers and police officers, only a handful of states have prioritized the group, according to the Washington Post.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — June 11, 2021: Voting Rights Tour — Diabetes, Heart Disease Deaths Spiked — LA State Police Investigated
- Houston Elderly Woman Kidnapped And Driven To An ATM Where She’s Robbed
- The Greatest: Wheaties Honors Muhammad Ali Via Limited-Edition Century Box Cover
- Medical Examiner’s Autopsy Of Andrew Brown Jr. Contradicts DA’s ‘False Narrative,’ Family Lawyers Say
- Deadly Arrest Of Ronald Greene Launches Probe Of Louisiana State Police Unit
- Shock G Cause Of Death Revealed
- Who You Got: Fans React To Next Verzuz Battle Featuring Eve And Trina
- Work, Work Don’t Stop: Marsai Martin To Executive Produce Girls Inc. Inaugural Film Festival
- GoldLink Breaks Twitter Silence, Announces New Album & Sheck Wes Diss
- Jake & Jazz Smollett Dish On Their Favorite Things To Cook & Design Styles
Kroger to Continue to Require Mask Until All Employees Can Get COVID Vaccine was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com