According to NBC4i, The Chicago Bears selected Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields with the No. 11 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. Chicago traded up from 20th overall with the New York Giants to select Fields.
Fields is the highest Ohio State quarterback selected since 1982 when the Baltimore Colts selected Art Schlichter with the No. 4 overall pick. Dwayne Haskins was the 15th overall pick in 2019. Fields, who transferred to Ohio State from the University of Georgia, is the fourth QB in Ohio State history to be drafted in the 1st round.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Urban One Founder Cathy Hughes Discusses The Story Behind DMX’s Final Interview
- NASCAR’s Denny Hamlin unveils Air Jordan Racer 1
- Spelman College Names Performing Arts Center After LaTanya Richardson Jackson And Samuel L. Jackson
- It Only Took 8 Years: Chris Webber Finally Elected To The Basketball Hall of Fame
- Bill Maher Tests Positive For COVID-19 After Getting Vaccine
- Drake’s “God’s Plan” Winner Used The Money To Get Her Master’s Degree
- Damon Weaver, Student Journalist Who Landed High-Profile Interviews, Dies Unexpectedly At 23
- Vanessa Bryant’s NBA Hall of Fame Speech For Kobe Bryant [Video]
- 10-Year-Old Chess Prodigy Who Overcame Homelessness Named National Chess Master
- Tulsa Race Massacre Commission Boots Oklahoma Governor For Signing Racist Legislation
Ohio State’s Justin Fields Goes 11th Round in Draft to the Chicago Bears was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com