On December 7, 2015, Zakareia “Zak” Husein was working at his family’s business, Premium New York Style Pizza in Akron, when a gunman entered the restaurant. The gunman demanded money then shot and killed the 21-year-old. Tips from the community helped detectives identify Shaquille Anderson as the suspect involved in the murder of Husein.
“You, sir, are going to spend the rest of your life in prison,” Summit County Common Pleas Court McCarty told Anderson.
Sentences in all three cases were delayed for more than a year because of the pandemic. The sentences were imposed in separate hearings and relatives of the victims spoke either in person or by video. According to The Akron Beacon Journal, Anderson did not make a statement due to his pending appeals and showed no emotion during the hearings.
RIP Paul Mooney: 15 Hilarious & Touching Quotes From The Legendary Comic
1. “I don't do drugs. Because my grandmother raised me. I think like an old, black, Southern woman. If I'd have done coke, I'd probably be cooking pancakes.”1 of 15
2. “A new broom can sweep the floor, but an old broom knows where the dirt is.”2 of 15
3. "White people like Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X."3 of 15
4. “America has a rap sheet. You can't police the world and tell the world how to act when you're just as bad yourself.”4 of 15
5. “We have a lot of black Anglo-Saxons. Their skin is black, but their brain is white. When I get real mad at them, I call them graham crackers.”5 of 15
6. "You white folks see UFOs in your dreams. You don’t hear about Martians in Harlem"6 of 15
7. "If your hair is relaxed, white people are relaxed. If your hair is nappy, they're not happy."7 of 15
8. "Arsenio Hall will have a new show called 'Good Morning, Black America.' It will be played at noon throughout the country."8 of 15
9. "Yeah black people can jump high. You gotta jump .. gotta do something when you're running from the police."9 of 15
10. "The black man in America is the most copied man on this planet, bar none. Everybody wanna be a n---a, but nobody wanna be a n---a."10 of 15
11. "I could drop dead tomorrow, the truth will be here. Truth is forever; when you read our history, truth is forever, and it always outs itself."11 of 15
12. "When you watch TV, I didn't know black people were that happy. I had no idea they were that happy. I'm trying to find them."12 of 15
13. "I've written a film, maybe they'll produce my film. 'The Last N----a on Earth,' starring Tom Hanks."13 of 15
14. "I'm as American as apple pie."14 of 15
15. "I was a born comic.'15 of 15
Ohio Man Gets 4 Life Sentences For Series Of Robbery Related Murders was originally published on wzakcleveland.com