A day of fun turned to tragedy as a woman who lost consciousness aboard a roller coaster at an Indiana theme park later died at a hospital.
The tragic scene unfolded on a Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari roller coaster Friday (June 4). The Indiana amusement and water park said an emergency crew arrived at the Voyage coaster three minutes after 47-year-old Dawn R. Jankovic, of Brunswick, Ohio, was discovered in her seat at the conclusion of the ride.
In a report by Fox8, Dubois County Coroner Katie Schuck said Jankovic died later that evening at a hospital in Jasper, Indiana.
On the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari Facebook page, a statement was posted about the incident.
“A full inspection of the roller coaster has been performed, and it was determined that the ride operated as it was intended to.” The statement read. “The ride remained closed for the evening out of respect for the family. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari officials ask for your thoughts and prayers for the Guest and her family, as well as for Team Members who were onsite.”
- After Anti-Haitian Violence At The Border, Biden Plans To Reinstate Dangerous Trump-Era Immigration Policy
- Justice For Christina Nance: Cops Suggest Video Absolves Them After Black Woman Dies In Police Van
- Florida’s New Medical Marijuana Licensing Rule Allegedly Discriminates Against ‘Protected’ Black Farmers
- ‘The Redemption Of Bobby Love’: New Book Revisits Fugitive Who Led Double Life For Decades
- Federal Judge Rules Group Can Hold Protest Despite City Objections
- Daunte Wright’s Killer Cop Might Argue Confusing Her Taser For A Gun Was ‘Reasonable’
- New Speed & Red-Light Cameras Coming To Select Maryland Neighborhoods
- Defining Diversity: Why It’s Necessary To Distinguish Between Segregation And Integration
- Guests Kemetologist Tony Browder & Emory Douglas l The Carl Nelson Show
- Legendary Libra! Black Woman In Virginia Becomes 1 Of 6 Living People In America To Turn 110
The Magic of Josephine Baker & 10 Black Women Who Changed Hollywood Forever
1. BeyoncéSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Hattie McDanielSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Lauryn HillSource:Live Nation 3 of 10
4. Whitney Houston
4 of 10
5. RihannaSource:Courtesy Of Paper Magazine/Photography By Sebastian Faena 5 of 10
6. Viola DavisSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Ava DuVernay
7 of 10
8. Oprah Winfrey
8 of 10
9. Eartha Kitt
9 of 10
10. Dorothy Dandridge
10 of 10
Ohio Woman Dies After Passing Out On Roller Coaster was originally published on newstalkcleveland.com