Congratulations are in order for The Howard University men’s basketball team as they clinched the MEAC conference regular season title! With the victory, the team is now poised for a run to their first national NCAA tournament in more than three decades. It was Senior night at Burr Gymnasium and a packed arena when the Howard Bison defeated Norfolk State with an ending score of 87 to 67. This win gives the team its first outright regular season Mid-Eastern Athletic Championship (MEAC) championship since 1987.
Text “KYS” to 37890 To Join Our Text Club!
The team finished the regular season with 19 wins and 12 losses led by Head Coach Kenny Blakeney who joined the team in 2019.
One of the team’s secret ingrediants was the biggest recruits of summer 2020, Makur Maker. Maker was wanted by almost every college team in the country and he decided to attend The Mecca, Howard which shook the college basketball landscape. That decision showed that Howard could be a viable destination for top-tier basketball talent. Maker ended up only playing a handful of games for the Bison ever due to injury and leaving school early to pursue pro basketball.
RELATED: HU! Five-Star High School Basketball Recruit Makur Maker Commits To Howard University
RELATED: Howard University Swim And Dive Team Make Black History On ‘Sports Illustrated Daily Cover’
Howard has made a lot of history recently as their swim team graced the cover of ‘Sports Illustrated’ and now with winning this MEAC title, they could be heading to March Madness for the first time in more than three decades! Congrats Howard, let’s keep it going!
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
- Morehouse College, Ida B. Wells Society Team Up To Empower The Next Generation Of Journalists
- Howard Men’s Basketball Team Wins First MEAC Title Since 1987
- Philadelphia Teen Goes Viral Reacting to Morehouse Acceptance Letter
- Three Of Maryland’s HBCUs To Receive $3M In Grants From BGE For Stem Students
- Everything Legendary Creators Talk Bowie State Partnership, Life After Shark Tank, and What’s Next!
- California-Based HBCU Cultivates Its First Independent Medical Degree Program
- Howard University Swim And Dive Team Make Black History On ‘Sports Illustrated Daily Cover’
- NASA Aims To Empower The Next Generation Of STEM Innovators At HBCUs With $12 Million Donation
- How ASL Interpreter & Bowie State Student Justina Miles Stole The Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Metal Detectors Installed on Morgan State’s Dorms Drawing Mixed Criticism
Howard Men’s Basketball Team Wins First MEAC Title Since 1987 was originally published on kysdc.com
Top 10 Most Notorious Prisons In The U.S.
Top 10 Richest Gangsters Of All Time
Woman Locked And Tortured In Philly Basement For 10 Years Sues City
Why Are The Police Called "12"
Dad Furious After Teen Daughter's Sex Tape Goes Viral
The Top 5 Most Corrupt U.S. Police Officers Of All-Time
Famous Members Of Alpha Phi Alpha
Famous Members Of Phi Beta Sigma