A crash on I-495 in Maryland has left one man dead, according to officials.
Around 2 p.m. on Friday, troopers from the Maryland State Police saw two vehicles on the right shoulder in the area of southbound I-495 prior to Baltimore Avenue in College Park.
For reasons unknown at this time, the driver of a black 2010 Toyota Prius, identified as Surya Padmanabhan, 21, of Boyds, Maryland, ran off the road, and onto the southbound shoulder where he struck Stephen and the rear of the Highlander.
Stephen was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency medical service personnel. Padmanabhan stuck around until police arrived.
Two lanes were previously closed on the highway. The Maryland State Police Crash team continues to investigate the collision.
- Manassas Business Owner Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison For $7M COVID Fraud Scheme
- Arlington County Enhances School Zone Safety With Speed Hump Installations
- Enhanced Security Protocols Implemented At INOVA Fairfax Hospital Amid Surge In Violence Towards Staff
- Join RADIO ONE & The American Cancer Society At The “MAKING STRIDES AGAINST BREAST CANCER WALK”
- Fairfax County Police Achieve DNA Breakthrough Leading To Arrest In 1994 Grisly Homicide Case
- 5 PG County Employees Awarded For Saving Drowning Child
- Viral Video Sparks Suspension As PG County Officer Seen Entering Patrol Vehicle With Woman
- Prince George’s County PD Investigating Cop Who Sat In Backseat Of Cruiser With Woman
- DC Kids Recieve Gifts From Commanders QB Jacoby Brissett
- KIPP DC Student Required To Reveal Underwire Bra As Metal Detector Activates
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
- Tunisia: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Morocco: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More