Community

THE ARK OF SAFETY CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF UPPER MARLBORO MARYLAND IS IN SEARCH OF   AN ASSISTANT PRAISE AND WORSHIP LEADER AND MUSICIAN.  RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD INCLUDE  SINGING, PLAYING KEYBOARD “AND” ORGAN,  TEACHING VOICE PARTS, DEVELOPING ONE OF THE CHURCH’S  PRAISE AND WORSHIP TEAMS, AS WELL MUSIC PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION. THE ARK OF SAFETY IS LOOKING TO […]

What a revolutionary concept!! January 15 – 22, 2012 marks the 3rd annual NY Peace Week, in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s legacy of non-violence. Peace Week galvanizes the efforts of entertainers, cultural icons, government leaders, educators, athletes and community based organizations to host an event or lend their voice to the […]

Eight families were blessed by the generosity extended by Willow Smith. GO IN TO SEE HER SPIRIT OF GIVING IN ACTION—>>>

Maryland has made it illegal to text and drive, but lawmakers discovered some loopholes in their original law. Those gaps will be closed with a new law that will take effect Saturday. WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW>>>>

By: Deltonia N. Shropshire, MA Response to an article written by Roderick L. Carey “Parents aren’t to blame for the achievement gap: A History of Injustice Is!” This article was very interesting. However, the title does not suit the piece. Those oppressive situations that brought THE ORIGINAL immigrants to this day in time, should serve […]

The African beauty took the crown that has long been elusive to women of African descent. “Thank God I’m very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn’t change a thing,” Lopes said. “I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I […]

This retort is based on an article written by Reverend Romal Tune entitled “What Does Hip Hop Tell Us About Faith and Society?” in Huffington Post.

Posted by: Deltonia N. Shropshire, MA Researchers analyzed data from the 2005 National Health Interview Survey that tracked, among other things, how many days of school children aged 6 to 11 missed and the reason for their absence. They found children living with one or more smokers in the home missed one to two more […]