fire

Two Florida boys became heroes after they rescued children from an Orange County mobile home fire on Tuesday. According to NBC affiliate WESH Orlando, Isiah Francis,…

City officials have asked police to investigate two fires that occurred Tuesday aboard D.C. ambulances amid a series of embarrassing failures with the District’s emergency…

(District Heights, MD)  —  Three Prince George’s County police officers will receive awards today from the county’s fire department.  Fire Chief Mark Bashoor will recognize the officers, who assisted in the rescue of two children and a wheelchair-bound man from a house fire.  The officers, without hesitation and without protective equipment, assisted in the February […]

VIA THE WASHINGTON POST: An IHOP restaurant in the Colmar Manor section of Prince George’s County was ravaged by fire early Wednesday, but no one was injured, authorities said. The blaze largely destroyed the eatery in the 3700 block of Bladensburg Road, near the Fort Lincoln Cemetery and just a few blocks east of the […]

VIA THE WASHINGTON POST: Two unrelated fires in Prince George’s County over the holiday weekend — one caused by an unattended candle and the other by an electrical problem — displaced 24 families from their homes. A third fire in the county, involving a car, left a man dead. Firefighters think that a candle ignited […]

VIA THE WASHINGTON POST: This is the kind of year Peggy Cooper Cafritz is having: Four months after a fire burned her art-filled mansion to the ground, she just endured another blaze — this time in the Georgetown apartment where she relocated after losing her home. A clothes dryer burst into sparks and flames, charring […]

VIA MYFOXDC: ARLINGTON, Va. – A fire at a home along Glebe Road and 9th Street has left sixteen people homeless. The fire started around 3 a.m. and was discovered after one family member came home from work and found smoke in the house. Everyone made it out safely. Firefighters found one smoke detector in […]

Local

VIA WASHINGTON POST: A D.C. fire official says a fire broke out at the Embassy of Gabon. The fire was reported around 3:30 a.m. Monday at the embassy in the Adams Morgan neighborhood. When firefighters arrived, fire department spokesman Pete Piringer says they found significant fire in the basement, but it was quickly put out. […]

VIA WUSA: WASHINGTON (WUSA) – Firefighters in the District are on the scene of a fire that a broke out in an apartment building in northwest Thursday morning. Pete Piringer, spokesperson for DC Fire and EMS, says the fire started in the 3rd floor hallway of a 5-story apartment building in the 5600 block of […]

(Washington, DC)  —  It took more than 100 firefighters to knock down a massive house fire in the 3000 block of Chain Bridge Road.  Fire officials say the blaze in the three-story home began around 8:30 Wednesday evening.   Firefighters initially faced water supply problems in the area, an issue DC Fire Chief Dennis Rubin says […]