If you’re headed to Los Angeles for the winter holidays, then you are likely lucky to be getting away from the cold! When selecting a place to stay, it’s all about location, location, location! If you are going with your family, you’ll want to stay downtown, which will make it easy to travel to famed tourist attractions, such as the California African-American Museum and Warner Brothers Studio Tours. If you are young and hip, West Hollywood is likely the place for you. And if you are looking to simply relax in the sun, of course there are a plethora of beachfront hotels to select from in surrounding areas. NewsOne has some suggestions if you are making last minute plans to pack up and head to Los Angeles for the holidays.
1. The Standard Downtown has long been known for its innovative design and sweeping views of the city from its rooftop restaurant, bar, and pool. Its downtown location boasts proximity to the Staples Center, Nokia Theater, and the Museum of Contemporary Art Los Angeles.
2. The Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles and is close to the civic center, theaters, museums, restaurants, and shopping. Earlier this year, it made the “Best Hotels for Families” list.
3. The Élan Hotel is near the Beverly Center and the Grove for easy access shopping and dining for those with a little spending money. The stylish West Hollywood boutique hotel is about a mile from the storied Sunset Strip, Rodeo Drive, and the Los Angeles Farmers Market.
4. Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood, known as hotel of the stars, is the perfect spot for hipsters looking to see and be seen. It features luxury bungalows and suites that reflect old Hollywood. Modeled after a royal residence in France’s Loire Valley, the boutique hotel is “the perfect getaway in the center of one of the world’s most exciting cities.”
5. The Huntley Hotel in Santa Monica is a stylish beachfront hotel that offers a unique urban retreat that features swaying palms and a sandy undertow. It is not far from the world famous Santa Monica Pier, the Third Street Promenade for shopping and dining.
Indeed, Los Angeles is picturesque and the pace is fast, but this list is a good start along with information from LA Tourism if you are planning a trip to the City of Angeles for the holidays. Have fun!