A suspect is in FBI custody this morning after allegedly shooting a security guard at the Family Research Council headquarters. Family Research Council is a Christian organization based in downtown D.C. NBC4 reports:
The shooting occurred at approximately 11 a.m. Wednesday in the lobby of 801 G Street NW. The guard was struck in the arm. His condition is currently unknown.
NBC4’s Derrick Ward reports that the shooter entered the building displaying a gun, and was confronted by security guards before he fired. It’s unknown whether any guards fired back, he said.
The FBI has yet to release information on the suspect’s identity or motive, according to NBC4.
- Rev. Sharpton Releases NYC ‘Occupy The Corners’ Schedule
- Chicago Cop Injures 4-Year-Old Girl, Then Kills Her Outraged Father
- Businesses & Groups “Uniting” With The American Red Cross For “Community Blood” Drive
- Bride-To-Be-Stabs Groom In The Heart 8 Hours Before Their Wedding
- RNC To Michael Steele: We Do African-American Outreach By Supporting Romney