Harvey “Star” Washington, Jamie Foster Brown and Eben Gregory joined Roland Martin on the “NewsOne Now” panel Monday to discuss the 45th NAACP Image Awards, particularly the night’s fashions. Washington, who wasn’t too pleased with stars’ clothes on the red carpet, said that black entertainers need to dress better.
“I thought they spoke well but I really do think that our people need to dress a little better,” said Washington, who is a designer and stylist. “If it was the Oscars, they would have been dressed much better than they were and I was really, really not impressed.”
Washington went on to blast celebrities for wearing baseball caps, not dressing up their children and wearing “lingerie.”
Did you miss the 45th NAACP Image Awards? Well, NewsOne, Hello Beautiful and The Urban Daily have you covered! The sites were front and center in covering the show to pull together some the greatest moments for you from slideshows of the best dressed to video of the most moving speeches – and a full list of the winners. Check it out!
- Pay Homage! Patti LaBelle & Gladys Knight Shutdown NAACP Awards Viewing Party [PHOTOS]
- Black Hollywood Agrees! The NAACP Awards Are Still Needed! [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 2014 NAACP Image Awards Highlights: Lupita’s Charming Acceptance Speech & More
- ‘The Butler’ Finally Gets The Recognition It Deserves: NAACP Image Awards Winners List
- [Slideshow] Best & Worst Dressed: The 45th NAACP Image Awards
‘NewsOne Now’ Panel on Black Fashion: ‘Our People Need To Dress Better’ was originally published on newsone.com