Former Secretary of State Colin Powell might as well switch his party affiliation from Republican to Democrat. After endorsing President Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012, Powell announced on Tuesday at a New York luncheon that he will vote for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, CNN reports.
Speaking to an audience of more than 1,000 political and business leaders in Woodbury, Long Island, Powell cited Clinton’s experience and stamina as reasons that she’s better qualified than Trump for the White House, according to Newsday.
Powell said Trump is “not qualified” to lead the military and has sold the nation a “bill of goods” that he’s incapable of producing, reported Newsday.
The retired four-star general and former chairman of the Joint Chiefs continued: “He has insulted America in one way almost every day. He has insulted Latino Americans. He has insulted African-Americans. He has insulted women. He has insulted his own party. He has insulted our allies around the world one by one-by-one. He has insulted veterans.”
It’s no surprise that Powell slammed the GOP candidate. The Washington Post reported that Powell’s hacked emails, released in September, showed that he called the businessman “a national disgrace and an international pariah.”
His emails revealed that he also has issues with Clinton. They show that Powell denied reports, stemming from Clinton’s interview with FBI investigators, that he advised her to use a private email server as secretary of state.
In his hacked email, Powell stated that “everything [she] touches she kind of screws up with hubris.” Powell also said he would “rather not have to vote for” Clinton but that “she is a friend I respect.”
Other members of President George W. Bush’s administration have also endorsed Clinton, including former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff.
SOURCE: CNN, Newsday, Washington Post | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
Colin Powell Slams GOP Presidential Candidates
Trump’s Invitation To Russian Hackers Could Pose Election Day Threat
A Fashionable Timeline Of Hillary Clinton’s Awesome Pantsuits (PHOTOS)
24 photos Launch gallery
1. Sept. 1996: Hillary always kept it classy in the White House.
1 of 24
2. Sept. 1996: Back in the day, the potential presidential nominee was rocking the cutest skirt sets.
2 of 24
3. April 1999: Even former French prime minister Jaques Chirac loved Hillary and her bright numbers.
3 of 24
4. June 2000: Hillary rang in the summer with a traditional pantsuit in New York.
4 of 24
5. Nov. 2000: Hillary and daughter Chelsea arrive in Vietnam in mother/daughter pantsuits.
5 of 24
6. Oct. 2000: Hillary raised the flare (and her collar) at the 2001 Vogue Awards.
6 of 24
7. August 2003: Hillary cracks a few jokes about her pantsuits during a visit to The Jay Leno Show.
7 of 24
8. March 2004: Hillary showed off her pastel look during the More Alpha Woman Awards.
8 of 24
9. June 2004: Hillary’s lighter looks were always welcoming, but the lace embroidered pattern was a standout during an appearance with Bill Clinton in New York.
9 of 24
10. June 2005: Hillary made the switch to bold and brighter pantsuits in 2005.
10 of 24
11. 2006: Even her Madame Tussaud wax figure rocked an awesome pantsuit!
11 of 24
12. January 2007: Hillary switched up her pantsuits during her campaign run for President.
12 of 24
13. June 2008: Hillary conceded her campaign for president in style.
13 of 24
14. May 2009: Blue is definitely Hillary’s color!
14 of 24
15. June 2010: Hillary brought back her pastel look for old time’s sake.
15 of 24
16. July 2011: Hillary switched up her look with this patterned blazer look.
16 of 24
17. August 2011: “The thing about pantsuits is…”
17 of 24
18. February 2012: Hillary & Amy Poehler hang out and bond..over pantsuits, of course.
18 of 24
19. November 2012: Hillary knows what colors work for her. This orange number is it!
19 of 24
20. October 2012: Hillary knows how to rock a blazer.
20 of 24
21. During her appearance at the Human Rights Campaign in 2012, Hillary keeps it traditional in this classic pantsuit.
21 of 24
22. June 2013: Hillary kept it classy at the CDFA ceremony.
22 of 24
23. May 2013: Hillary’s pantsuits have really evolved through the years, are we right?
23 of 24
24. April 2014: We can’t wait to see more of her stylish pantsuits in the future.
24 of 24
Colin Powell Slams Trump, Endorses Clinton was originally published on newsone.com