The executive committee of the Congressional Black Caucus is set to meet Wednesday with President Donald Trump, who repeatedly lied about the country’s first Black President Barack Obama, including accusing him of unlawfully wiretapping his campaign headquarters during the election, and sparking the birther movement.
That’s not all. He famously slow-walked his denouncement of former KKK leader David Duke, who supported his election, among other things.
What will he discuss with the CBC? Hmm, should we ask April Ryan, whom Trump assumed earlier this year was friends with the entire caucus. Why? Well, Ryan is a Black journalist who serves as White House correspondent and Washington bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks, and all Black folks know each other, according to Trump’s doctrine. (Insert cackle here, kee kee kee, because you know Black folks do that, too. )
Will they discuss the fact that Trump was likely trying to deflect what FBI Director James Comey revealed this week that his office, not President Obama, was investigating Russia and Trump’s associates as part of a broader probe of Russian interference in last year’s presidential election.
Meanwhile, Democratic CBC Chairman Cedric Richmond of Louisiana said leaders plan to push Trump on several areas of interest to African-American voters, including policing, health care and his fiscal plan, reports The Associated Press.
“His budget is contrary to African-American interests in a number of ways, and it’s our role as policymakers to call him out on it,” Richmond tells The AP.
But let Black Twitter tell it, Trump is up to no good, seeking only to placate all voters, whom he was elected to serve.
What do you think will happen at the meeting, which will take place at 3 PM EST in the Oval Office? Sound off in comments.
SOURCE: Business Insider
CBC Message To America: Proliferation Of Voter Suppression Laws Must Be Stopped
31 Black Women Who Died In Police Custody
1. Kathryn Johnston, 92Source:Getty 1 of 26
2. Tarika Wilson, 26Source:Getty 2 of 26
3. Shereese Francis, 30Source:Getty 3 of 26
4. Shantel Davis, 23Source:Getty 4 of 26
5. Alesia Thomas, 35Source:Getty 5 of 26
6. Malissa Williams, 30Source:Getty 6 of 26
7. Darnesha Harris, 17Source:Getty 7 of 26
8. Shelly Frey, 27Source:Getty 8 of 26
9. Miriam Carey, 34Source:Getty 9 of 26
10. Yvette Smith, 47Source:Getty 10 of 26
11. Michelle Cusseaux, 50Source:Getty 11 of 26
12. Aura Rosser, 40Source:Getty 12 of 26
13. Tanisha Anderson, 37Source:Getty 13 of 26
14. Eleanor Bumpurs, 66Source:Getty 14 of 26
15. Natasha McKenna, 37Source:Getty 15 of 26
16. Janisha Fonville, 20Source:Getty 16 of 26
17. Meagan Hockaday, 26Source:Getty 17 of 26
18. Alexia Christian, 25Source:Getty 18 of 26
19. Sandra Bland, 28Source:Getty 19 of 26
20. Gynnya McMillen, 16Source:Getty 20 of 26
21. Symone Marshall, 22Source:Getty 21 of 26
22. Korryn Gaines, 23Source:Getty 22 of 26
23. Deborah Danner, 66Source:Getty 23 of 26
24. Alteria Woods, 21Source:Getty 24 of 26
25. Charleena Lyles, 30Source:Getty 25 of 26
26. Cariann Denise Hithon, 22Source:Getty 26 of 26
Twitter Trolls Trump Meeting With Congressional Black Caucus was originally published on newsone.com