At a party in February 2016, actor Terry Crews claims Hollywood agent Adam Venit groped his groin twice. In November of 2017, Crews filed a police report. TMZ reports, “The D.A. rejected a felony filing and sent the case to the City Attorney, who concluded the case was barred by the statute of limitations. The incident occurred in February 2016 and the statute for a misdemeanor is 1 year.” The site continued, “It appears the D.A. rejected a felony filing because the alleged conduct did not rise to the level of a felony. If the D.A. felt it was felony conduct she could have filed the case because a felony would have been within the statute of limitations.”
However, the statue of limitations is just one reason why the felony filing was rejected. The other reason? They admit Venit groped Crews, however, “Venit did not make contact with Terry’s skin when he allegedly grabbed his genitals, and also because Venit didn’t restrain Terry.” No contact with the skin? If Venit would have ripped through Crews’ clothes in public then charges would have been filed? Absolutely insane.
Crews also filed a civil lawsuit against WME and Adam Venit , but lawyers for WME are asking Crews take a mental health exam, which Terry Crews agreed to. According to TMZ, the exam will be a “comprehensive psycho-social and medical history and the administration of mental status testing and psychological testing.” How disturbing that the victim has to take a mental health exam, but the alleged predator doesn’t.
We hope Terry Crews’ career isn’t damaged by going public. We also hope he gets the same support and accolades of bravery that others have received for coming forward.
Crews has not commented on the D.A. rejecting the criminal filing.
In Memoriam: Notable Deaths In 2018
1. Dovey Johnson Roundtree, 1041 of 19
2. Velvalea Rodgers 'Vel' Phillips, 942 of 19
3. Doris Ward, 86Source:Getty 3 of 19
4. Yvonne Staples, 80Source:Getty 4 of 19
5. Cecil Taylor, 89Source:Getty 5 of 19
6. Donald McKayle, 87Source:Getty 6 of 19
7. Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, 81Source:Getty 7 of 19
8. Linda Brown, 76Source:Getty 8 of 19
9. Les Payne, 769 of 19
10. Floyd J. Carter, Sr., 95Source:Getty 10 of 19
11. Ensa Cosby, 4411 of 19
12. Lerone Bennett Jr., 89Source:Getty 12 of 19
13. Reg E. CatheySource:Getty 13 of 19
14. Lovebug Starski, 57Source:Getty 14 of 19
15. Olivia Cole, 75Source:Getty 15 of 19
16. Wyatt Tee Walker, 88Source:Getty 16 of 19
17. Jesse 'Smiley' RutlandSource:WENN 17 of 19
18. Hugh Masekela, 78Source:Getty 18 of 19
19. Edwin Hawkins, 74Source:Getty 19 of 19
No Charges For The Agent Who Groped Terry Crews — And The Reason Is Bizarre was originally published on newsone.com