We all know Tina Lawson is probably one of the most supportive mothers out there. So it’s no surprise that she mixed being a cheerleader for her oldest child, Beyonce, and raise money for the non-profit gallery and performance complex WACO Theater Center that she co-chairs with her husband Richard Lawson.
How did she do this? The theme for the 3rd annual Wearable Arts Gala was “A Journey to the Pride Lands,” inspired by the movie The Lion King. If you didn’t know Beyonce is playing Nala in Disney’s reboot of The Lion King coming out in theaters nationwide July 19th.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
So of course, black Hollywood came out in the most royal threads as a nod to the motherland and The Lion King! Hitting the pink carpet this year was Blue Ivy Carter, Beyonce, Steve Harvey, Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams, Tyler Perry, Holly Robinson Pete, and Tiffany Haddish to name a few.
Maxwell performed at the celebration this year and 7-year-old Blue Ivy Carter reportedly bid 11K diamond ring during the auction. Last year Blue bid 20K on a piece of art at last years auction, but she was promptly stopped by her father Jay-Z so she didn’t win. This years gala raised over 2 million to support the arts in L.A.
- Nas Announces He Is Releasing A Children’s Book ‘I Know I Can’
- Lakers Reportedly Set Their Sights On Kawhi Leonard Afters Anthony Davis Trade
- Professor James Small & Minister Akbar Muhammad On The Carl Nelson Show
- The Gospel Music Workshop of America comes to DC!
- Don’t Believe The Myth That Black Fathers Are Not There For Their Children
- Lakers Trade Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram And More To New Orleans For Anthony Davis
- #BlackMusicMonth: Ari Lennox Gives Her “Shea Butter Playlist”
- Brooklyn Bound? Reports Indicate Kyrie Irving Is Prepared Join The Nets In Free Agency
- John P. Kee Gives Us His Black Music Month Playlist [Listen]
- Teen Held By Head And Dragged At 40 Mph During Road-Rage Incident [Video]
Black Hollywood Slays At The 2019 Wearable Art Gala was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com