With West Hyattsville, Prince George’s Plaza, College Park and Greenbelt closing for the summer there will be no Green Line service north of Fort Totten and the Yellow Line will end at Mount Vernon Square.
WMATA will provide free shuttle buses at all stations during Metro’s regular hours, 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. on weekdays, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturdays, and 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sundays. As announced earlier, don’t forget to upgrade to the metro virtual payment system. Click here to find out how to make the switch. There will also be free parking at the stations during the closures.
Over the summer renovations will be completed and this fall, the Red Line station at Rockville will close for several months so crews can demolish and rebuild the aging canopy structure over the platform. Trains will end at Twinbrook during this time. Then next summer, the east end of the Orange Line will get platform reconstructions at Cheverly, Landover, and New Carrollton. Minnesota Avenue and Deanwood will also be closed due to the work.
- Mayor Bowser Proposes Tougher Gun Penalties & More Pretrial Detention In New Legislation
- NBA Draft Lottery: Wizards Have 6.7% Probability of Getting #1 Pick
- Where to? Top 20 Summer Travel Destinations for 2023 Unveiled
- Morocco: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Tunisia: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
Why Are The Police Called "12"
Top 10 Most Notorious Prisons In The U.S.
Top 10 Richest Gangsters Of All Time
Famous Members Of Alpha Phi Alpha
Happy World Africa Day! Learn About The 54 Countries of Africa
Let's Support TLC's Newest Family of Multiples, The Derricos With 14 Babies On Babies
Famous Members Of Phi Beta Sigma
The Top 5 Most Corrupt U.S. Police Officers Of All-Time