Rwanda is pronounced “ruh·waan·duh” and is one of the 10 countries located in East Africa. This country gained it’s independence on July 1, 1962. This country is known as ‘The Land of a Thousand Hills‘. Continue reading below to learn more about the beautiful African country, Rwanda.
What Does The Rwanda Flag Represent?
- BLUE: represents happiness and peace
- YELLOW: represents prosperity
- GREEN: represents hope
- THE SUN: is a symbol of spiritual enlightenment
Where is Rwanda located?
What Timezone is Rwanda in?
Rwanda is in the Central Africa Time Zone.
Facts About Rwanda:
- Capital: Kigali
- Population: 13 Million
- Nationality: Rwandan
- Rwanda is made up of 5 Provinces
- Drinking age: 18
- Side of road to drive on: Right
Did You Know Kigali is one of the cleanest cities in the world? Checkout the video below to learn more…
What Are The Official Languages of Rwanda?
Kinyarwanda, French, English and Swahili are the official languages of Rwanda.
What is the Currency in Rwanda?
Rwandan Franc is the currency used in Rwanda.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
What Are The Religions of Rwanda?
In Rwanda, Banyarwanda is the main religion practiced in Rwanda.
What Are The Traditional Foods of Rwanda?
Places to visit in Rwanda:
Is Rwanda Safe?
Rwanda is currently at a “Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions”
When traveling anywhere especially for the first time, you should be vigilant and take all possible precaution measures in order to minimize the risk of getting stolen from, hurt or put in danger.
I hope this information has given you more insight into Rwanda but there is so much more to learn! Visit their tourism website here to see more.
Also be sure to checkout articles on each of the 54 countries in Africa by clicking here: Countries of Africa
- Morocco: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- South Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Algeria: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More