Mali is pronounced “maa·lee” and is one of the 16 countries located in West Africa. Mali is named after the Mali Empire and means “the place where the king lives.” This country gained it’s independence on September 22, 1960 from France. Continue reading below to learn more about the beautiful African country, Mali.
What Does The Mali Flag Represent?
- GREEN: fertility of the land
- GOLD: purity and mineral wealth
- RED: blood shed for independence
Where is Mali located?
Facts About Mali:
- Capital: Bamako
- Population: 29 Million
- Nationality: Malian
- Mali made up of 10 regions
- Drinking age: 18 years old
- Side of road to drive on: Right
What Are The Official Languages of Mali?
French is the official language of Mali but Bambara is one of the main languages spoken.
What Is The Currency of Mali?
West African CFA Franc is the currency used in Mali
$1 = 644.14
$20 = 12882.74
$60 = 38648.23
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
What Are The Religions of Mali?
Religion: In Mali, the 2 main religions practiced are; Islam (90%) and Christianity (5%). Other religions include;
What Are The Traditional Foods of Mali?
Fakoye is a dish originated from northern Mali (Gao, Tombouctou et Kidal). It is prepared from leaves (dried and pounded) of Corchorus Olitorius, also called Mloukhiya. It is eaten with rice and lamb.
Places to visit in Mali:
I hope this information has given you more insight into Mali but there is so much more to learn! Visit their tourism website here to see more.
Also be sure to checkout articles on each of the 54 countries in Africa by clicking here: Countries of Africa
- Algeria: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Tunisia: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- South Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More