Morocco is pronounced “mur·aa·co” and is one of the 6 countries located in North Africa. Morocco gained its independence on April 7, 1956 from France. This country was originally named Marrakesh from the Berber which means “land of God” or “sacred land”. This country is the home of the Sahara desert which is the world’s largest desert. Continue reading below to learn more about the beautiful African country, Morocco.
What Does The Morocco Flag Represent?
- RED: symbolizes strength, valor, bravery and hardiness
- THE GREEN STAR: symbolizes love, wisdom, peace, joy and hope
Where is Morocco located?
Morocco is located in North Africa bordered by Algeria and Western Sahara.
Facts About Morocco:
- Capital: Rabat
- Population: 37 Million
- Nationality: Moroccan
- Morocco is made up of 12 regions
- Drinking age: 18 years old
- Side of road to drive on: Right
What Are The Official Languages of Morocco?
Arabic and Berber are the official languages of Morocco. Other languages spoken in this country include;
What Is The Currency of Morocco?
Currency: Dirham is the currency used in Morocco
$1 = 10.36
$20 = 207.19
$60 = 621.58
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
What Are The Religions of Morocco?
In Morocco, Islam is the main religion practiced.
What Are The Traditional Foods of Morocco?
Places to visit in Morocco:
Morocco is Visa-Free for US Citizens for a visit up to 90 days. Checkout the video below for places to visit in Morocco.
I hope this information has given you more insight into Morocco but there is so much more to learn! Visit their tourism website here to see more.
Also be sure to checkout articles on each of the 54 countries in Africa by clicking here: Countries of Africa
- Morocco: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- South Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Algeria: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More