Guinea is pronounced “gi·nee” and is one of the 16 countries located in West Africa. Guinea means “land of the blacks.” This country gained its independence on October 2, 1958 from France. Continue reading below to learn more about the beautiful African country, Guinea.
What Does The Guinea Flag Represent?
- RED: represents the blood of the Guinean’s sacrifice
- YELLOW: represents the sun
- GREEN: represents the vegetation of Guinea
Where is Guinea located?
Facts About Guinea:
- Capital: Conakry
- Population: 13 Million
- Nationality: Guinean
- Guinea made up of 4 regions
- Drinking age: 18 years old
- Side of road to drive on: Right
What Are The Official Languages of Guinea?
French is the official language of Guinea. Some of the languages spoken nationally in Guinea are Fula, Malinké, Susu, Kissi, Kpelle and Toma.
What Is The Currency of Guinea?
The Guinean Franc is the currency used in Guinea.
$1 = 8692.20
$20 = 173843.96
$60 = 521531.88
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
What Are The Religions of Guinea?
Religion: In Guinea the 2 main religions practiced are; Islam (85%) and Christianity (8%).
What Are The Traditional Foods of Guinea?
Places to visit in Guinea:
I hope this information has given you more insight into Guinea but there is so much more to learn! Visit their tourism website here to see more.
Also be sure to checkout articles on each of the 54 countries in Africa by clicking here: Countries of Africa
- Morocco: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- South Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Algeria: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More