Botswana is pronounced “baat·swaa·nuh” and is one of the 9 countries located in Southern Africa. Botswana means “Land of the Tswana.” This country gained its independence on September 30, 1966. Botswana is known for being the home to the world’s largest concentration of African Elephants plus the world’s second largest gem quality diamond was discovered here in 2021. Continue reading below to learn more about the beautiful African country, Botswana.
What Does The Botswana Flag Represent?
- BLACK & WHITE: represents a belief in racial cooperation and equality.
- BLUE: represents the sky and with water, a scarce and precious commodity in the vast Kalahari desert.
Where is Botswana located?
Facts About Botswana:
- Capital: Gaborone
- Population: 2.4 Million – 11.8 million
- You can travel by train from Botswana to Zambia
What Are The Official Languages of Botswana?
Setswana and English is the official language spoken in Botswana. Other languages include;
What Is The Currency of Botswana?
Currency: Botswana Pula is used as currency in this country.
$1 = 12.63
$20 = 252.55
$60 = 757.66
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
What Are The Religions of Botswana?
Religion: In Botswana the 2 main religions practiced are; Christianity (73%) and No Religion (20%). Other religions include;
What Are The Traditional Foods of Botswana?
What the Holidays Celebrated in Botswana?
Places to visit in Botswana:
Tourist spots: Americans are able to visit Botswana Visa-Free. Here are a few places you should definitely visit while in this country:
- 10 Flags amusement park
I hope this information has given you more insight into Botswana but there is so much more to learn! Visit their tourism website here to see more.
Also be sure to checkout articles on each of the 54 countries in Africa by clicking here: Countries of Africa
- Morocco: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- South Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Algeria: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More