The midterms are coming up and it’s time to get out to vote! The power to elect candidates for mayor and city council, is in your hands! D.C. residents below you will find a guide on when to vote, where to vote, how to register to vote plus more information to prepare you for the 2022 elections.
How Can I Register To Vote?
When Can I Vote?
Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 8 from 7am to 8pm. If you are unable to vote that day, early voting begins October 31st and will continue until November 6.
Who’s On The Ballot?
- Incumbent Muriel Bowser (D)
- Stacia Hall (R)
D.C. City Council:
- Wards; 1, 3, 5 & 6
- Despite this not being a new issue, D.C. voters will be able to vote again on tipped wage in D.C. Fox5 breaks what this all means down, “currently, tipped workers such as servers or bartenders are paid $5.35 an hour and are allowed to collect tips on top of that. If tips don’t equal the minimum wage of $16.10 an hour, employers have to make up the difference. Initiative 82 would phase out the tipped wage, and after 2027 employers would have to pay formerly tipped workers the full minimum wage of $16.10 an hour. In 2018, 55% of voters approved similar measures, but the D.C. Council voted to overturn the public vote due to pushback from the hospitality industry.”
Where Can I Vote?
You can check your registration status by clicking here. After you have registered, make sure to provide your name and address, and show an acceptable form of ID at your polling location. To see all polling locations click here.
How Can I Help?
Remember voting is your right so let your voice be heard!
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Morocco: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Tunisia: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More