Ryan Hart (pictured) was practically done eating his Arby‘s roast beef sandwich when he bit into something hard and rubbery. The 14-year-old spit out the foreign discovery, examined it and, much to his disgust, he immediately knew it was part of someone’s finger, according to the Associated Press.
“I was like, ‘That (has) to be a finger.’ I was about to puke. … It was just nasty.”
The missing finger had apparently belonged to an employee at the establishment who had been working with a meat slicer. The worker had sliced her finger and immediate left without alerting anyone as to what had occurred, explains Steve Hall, the environmental health director for the Jackson County health department.
The Arby’s got wind of the incident and released a press release apologizing for the mishap. John Gray, the food chain’s spokesperson, told the Associated Press that the matter is still under investigation and assures the public that the site was shut down and sanitized thoroughly. Gray says that they have cooperated with health officials and have been green-lighted to remain open.
Meanwhile the injured employee was treated at a nearby hospital.