Academy Award nominee Djimon Honsou stars in Warner Brothers’ The Legend of Tarzan alongside Alexander Skarsgård, Christopher Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson. The iconic story follows the journey of Tarzan after he’s has been invited back to the Congo to serve as a trade emissary of Parliament.
He talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about filming with Jackson, his first “Tarzan” experience and much more.
How the film will connect with audiences:
“This is a very mature Tarzan. This is a Tarzan that has seemed to lost his foundation. He’s made some mistakes that he has to fix himself. In this story a lot of the social issues that we deal with today are in it,” he said.
The Legend of Tarzan is in theaters Friday, July 1st.
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Making History: Top 10 Richest Black Actors
1. Bill Cosby - estimated worth $380M1 of 9
2. Will Smith - estimated worth $240M2 of 9
3. Samuel L. Jackson - estimated worth $170M3 of 9
4. Morgan Freeman - estimated worth $150M4 of 9
5. Denzel Washington - estimated worth $140M5 of 9
6. Ice Cube - estimated worth $140M6 of 9
7. Martin Lawrence - estimated worth $110M7 of 9
8. LL Cool J - estimated worth $100M8 of 9
9. Eddie Murphy - estimated worth $85M9 of 9
(Photo Source: Courtesy)
Djimon Honsou: ‘My Tarzan Happened When I Moved From Africa To France’ was originally published on blackamericaweb.com