Most known for his roles on Martin, Sister Sister, The Parkers and other hit 90s shows, Dorien Wilson stars alongside Kellita Smith (The Bernie Mac Show) in the Bounce TV sitcom, In The Cut. The hilarious scripted series follows the journey of a San Diego Barber who meets his 31-year-old illegitimate son (Kenny Lawson) for the first time.
Wilson talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about the concept of the show and how he’s stayed on television consistently for the last 20 years.
What the barbershop means to men:
“It’s a place for men to go and air their laundry. We feel comfortable. We’re away from the women and we get to share. We don’t have too many places where we can do that. We added Kellita Smith to this season and she adds a new dynamic,” Wilson said.
In The Cut will premiere Tuesday nights at 9:00 pm/ET, 8:00 pm/CT starting July 5.
A Look Back: 13 Female TV Characters We Still Love
1. Hillary BanksSource:GIF 1 of 13
2. DionneSource:Clueless Facebook 2 of 13
3. Willona WoodsSource:Facebook Fan Page 3 of 13
4. Laura WinslowSource:Facebook Fan Page 4 of 13
5. Claire HuxtableSource:The Cosby Show Facebook 5 of 13
6. Lisa LandrySource:PR Photos 6 of 13
7. Gina PayneSource:Giphy 7 of 13
8. Moesha and KimSource:Facebook Fan Page 8 of 13
9. Tasha MackSource:The Game Twitter 9 of 13
10. Toni ChildsSource:PR Photos 10 of 13
11. Whitley GilbertSource:A Different World Facebook Fan Page 11 of 13
12. Maxine Shaw, Regine Hunter, Khadijah James, Synclair JamesSource:Living Single Facebook 12 of 13
13. Rudy and Vanessa Huxtable and Olivia KendallSource:The Cosby Show Facebook 13 of 13
(Photo Source: Courtesy)
Dorien Wilson Returns For Season Two Of Bounce TV’s ‘In The Cut’ was originally published on blackamericaweb.com