Known for her incredibly popular hit As We Lay, songstress Kelly Price found herself under fire after performing the salacious lyrics at Indiana’s Gospel Explosion. According to her, it was a simple scheduling issue, but that didn’t stop the Saints from lashing out on the singer, leaving her no choice but to call them out on social media.
Kelly explains what really happened to the Tom Joyner Morning Show.
“It really was an unfortunate mishap. Times got switched and there was only one stage this year. With the push back I ended up opening right before the Gospel explosion. I was always scheduled to close out the main stage before they switched to the gospel format and it didn’t happen like that,” Price said.
The Gospel Explosion has since apologized to her and offered their support of the performance.
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
2016 Stellar Gospel Awards
1. Rickey Smiley With Mr. & Mrs. Kirk FranklinSource:Getty 1 of 12
2. Jonathan Slocomb, Yolanda Adams, Marvin Sapp & Lady Tramaine HawkinsSource:Getty 2 of 12
3. Yolanda AdamsSource:Getty 3 of 12
4. Yolanda AdamsSource:Getty 4 of 12
5. Sherri Shepherd & Rickey SmileySource:Getty 5 of 12
6. Sherri Shepherd & Rickey SmileySource:Getty 6 of 12
7. Sherri Shepherd & Rickey SmileySource:Getty 7 of 12
8. The Walls GroupSource:Getty 8 of 12
9. Don Jackson & Hillary ClintonSource:Getty 9 of 12
10. Nicole George Middleton, Brian Courtney Wilson & Darlene McCoySource:Getty 10 of 12
11. Don Jackson & Hillary ClintonSource:Getty 11 of 12
12.12 of 12
(Photo Source: Courtesy)
Kelly Price Defends Singing ‘As We Lay’ At Gospel Expo was originally published on blackamericaweb.com