Alfre Woodard stars in Marvel’s Luke Cage as Mariah Dillard, a local Harlem politician–and cousin to recently announced Cornell “Cottonmouth” Stokes who is desperately looking to bring a new era of change on the very streets she grew up on.
She talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about her role and why more than ever the Netflix series is important for the black community.
“On Friday, All 13 drop at once. You can start Friday morning and finis it in time for church Sunday morning. You guys are going to love this. It’s something that’s going to be really embraced by the entire world but especially our community. We have a black superhero who’s bulletproof!” Woodard said.
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Celebrities Who've Voiced Animated Movie Characters
1. Tony GoldwynSource:AP 1 of 16
2. Miley CyrusSource:AP 2 of 16
3. OprahSource:AP 3 of 16
4. Raven SymoneSource:Instagram 4 of 16
5. BeyonceSource:Instagram 5 of 16
6. RihannaSource:AP 6 of 16
7. Jennifer LopezSource:PR 7 of 16
8. Morgan FreemanSource:PR Photos 8 of 16
9. Eddie MurphySource:PR Photos 9 of 16
10. James AverySource:PR Photos 10 of 16
11. Will SmithSource:PR Photos 11 of 16
12. Jada Pinkett SmithSource:PR Photos 12 of 16
13. James Earl JonesSource:PR Photos 13 of 16
14. CeeLo GreenSource:PR Photos 14 of 16
15. Queen LatifahSource:PR Photos 15 of 16
16. Anika Noni RoseSource:PR Photos 16 of 16
(Photo Source: Courtesy)
Marvel’s New Leading Lady: Alfre Woodard Says A Black Bullet Proof Superhero Is Just What We Need was originally published on blackamericaweb.com