10/24/16- Nathaniel J. is the Associate Technology Editor of Black Enterprise and he talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about BEtechThinkful, a full tuition scholarship that will help persons of color and other minorities enter the tech field. Among individuals employed within the field of software, only 5% are African-American.
“It educates individuals online where you also receive a mentor. You learn the front and back end. I wanted to change the conversation in Silicon Valley,” Nathaniel said.
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Black Celebs Who Attended Non-HBCUs
1. Tatyana Ali- Harvard University1 of 9
2. Queen Latifah- Manhattan Community College2 of 9
3. Tyra Banks- Harvard University3 of 9
4. Gabrielle Union- UCLA4 of 9
5. Aisha Tyler- Dartmouth University5 of 9
6. Sanaa Lathan- B.A. from U.C. Berkeley and Masters from Yale6 of 9
7. Regina Hall- New York University7 of 9
8. Kerry Washington- George Washington University8 of 9
9. David Banner- Master's Degree from University of Maryland9 of 9
(Photo Source: Black Enterprise/Nathaniel J.)
Blacks In Tech: Nathaniel J Is Helping Change The Face Of Silicon Valley was originally published on blackamericaweb.com