1-866-Our-Vote is the hotline that will track voting irregularities in real-time. Both Kristen Clarke, President and Executive Director of the National Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law and Hill Harper, the organization’s national spokesperson talk to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about what to do if you experience any voting issues at the polls.
What happens if you go to vote and your name isn’t on the roll?
“Go to the poll worker in charge. Raise the issue. if they don’t help, call 866-OUR-VOTE. We’re based in Washington, DC, this is the hub. We have 4500 legal volunteers. We get on the phone with local election officials. We roll up our sleeves and do the hard work. We will go to court if necessary.”
Where are the problem areas?
“We never know what’s gong to happen, but these states that are in play…we can see problems anywhere. It can happen as early as in the parking lot with someone saying you can’t park there.”
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Presidential Election 2016: Celebrity Endorsements
1. Azealia BanksSource:Twitter 1 of 14
2. Beyonce for Hillary ClintonSource:AP 2 of 14
3. Snoop Dogg for Hillary ClintonSource:AP 3 of 14
4. Jennifer Lopez for Hillary ClintonSource:AP 4 of 14
5. Kerry Washington for Hillary ClintonSource:AP 5 of 14
6. Uzo AdubaSource:Twitter 6 of 14
7. John Legend for Hillary ClintonSource:PR Photos 7 of 14
8. Killer MikeSource:Instagram 8 of 14
9. Katy PerrySource:Instagram 9 of 14
10. Kim Kardashian WestSource:Instagram 10 of 14
11. TISource:Instagram 11 of 14
12. K. MichelleSource:Instagram 12 of 14
13. Britney SpearsSource:Instagram 13 of 14
14. Kendall Jenner for Hillary ClintonSource:Instagram 14 of 14
(Photo Source: Courtesy)
Hill Harper, National Lawyers Committee Say 866-Our-Vote Is The Answer To Issues At The Polls was originally published on blackamericaweb.com