Algeria is pronounced “al·jee·ree·uh” and is one of the 6 countries located in North Africa. Algeria is the largest country in Africa and its name derived from the name of the city of Algiers. This country gained its independence on July 5, 1962. Continue reading below to learn more about the beautiful African country, Algeria.
What Does The Algeria Flag Represent?
- WHITE: represents peace
- GREEN as well as Crescent: represent Islam
- RED: symbolizes the blood of those killed fighting for independence in the Algerian War
Where is Algeria located?
What Timezone is the Algeria in?
Central European Standard Time
Facts About Algeria:
- Capital: Algiers
- Population: 44 Million
- This country is made up of 58 wilayas (provinces)
What Are The Official Languages of Algeria?
Arabic and Berber are the official languages spoken in Algeria. Other languages include; French
What Is The Currency of Algeria?
Algerian Dinar is the currency used in Algeria
$1 = 144.53
$20 = 2890.58
$60 = 8671.73
Algerian musical genres include Arab-Andalusian, Chaabi, Kabyl, Raï and Chawia.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
What Are The Religions of Algeria?
In Algeria the 2 main religions practiced are; Islam (97.9%) and Unaffiliated (1.8%). Other religions include; Christianity (0.2%) and Judaism (0.1%).
What Are The Traditional Foods of Algeria?
Places to visit in Algeria:
I hope this information has given you more insight into Algeria but there is so much more to learn! Visit their tourism website here to see more.
Also be sure to checkout articles on each of the 54 countries in Africa by clicking here: Countries of Africa
- Tunisia: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- South Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More