On Thursday, a man and a woman were critically injured after nearly drowning at Theodore Hagans outdoor pool. The MPD was summoned to the pool at 5:00 p.m. to assist DC Fire & EMS. Jermaine Hunter, a bystander who was swimming at the time of the incident, put his head beneath the water and saw two people unconscious.
In nearly 10 feet of water, the man and woman were drowning. Hunter said that after the lifeguards went in and got the victims out, he jumped out of the pool to assist with CPR. They conducted chest compressions until the arrival of D.C. Fire and EMS.
D.C. Fire and EMS Public Information Officer Vito Maggiolo said the man and lady were resuscitated once first responders arrived. Both were then flown by helicopter to a nearby hospital.
- Manassas Business Owner Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison For $7M COVID Fraud Scheme
- Arlington County Enhances School Zone Safety With Speed Hump Installations
- Enhanced Security Protocols Implemented At INOVA Fairfax Hospital Amid Surge In Violence Towards Staff
- Join RADIO ONE & The American Cancer Society At The “MAKING STRIDES AGAINST BREAST CANCER WALK”
- Fairfax County Police Achieve DNA Breakthrough Leading To Arrest In 1994 Grisly Homicide Case
- 5 PG County Employees Awarded For Saving Drowning Child
- Viral Video Sparks Suspension As PG County Officer Seen Entering Patrol Vehicle With Woman
- Prince George’s County PD Investigating Cop Who Sat In Backseat Of Cruiser With Woman
- DC Kids Recieve Gifts From Commanders QB Jacoby Brissett
- KIPP DC Student Required To Reveal Underwire Bra As Metal Detector Activates
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
- Morocco: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Tunisia: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
2 Adults In Critical Condition After Nearly Drowning In NE, DC Pool was originally published on mymajicdc.com