Maryland Governor Wes Moore introduced the nation’s first public service year program for high school graduates, named the Service Year Option, at a lively event in the University of Maryland’s Reckord Armory. Joined by prominent figures like Lieutenant Governor Aruna Miller and University President Darryll Pines, Governor Moore emphasized the program’s focus on developing essential skills and fostering a sense of community.
The initiative, led by the Department of Service and Civic Innovation, aims to expand service opportunities, address community needs, and promote workforce development, laying the foundation for higher education and vocational pathways.
Participants, recent high school graduates, work a minimum of 30 hours per week, earning at least $15 an hour, while receiving tailored support and mentorship to shape their post-service journeys.
source: The DMV Daily
- De’Shawn Washington Becomes First Black Man To Receive Teacher Of The Year In Massachusetts
- Students At 8 D.C. Middle Schools Qualify For $22K College Scholarships
- Governor Wes Moore’s Vision For Graduates Comes To Life Through Groundbreaking Program
- Black Churches In Florida Are Teaching Non-Whitewashed Black History Since The State Won’t
- Diddy Fulfills $1 Million Pledge To Howard University At Homecoming
- $46 Billion in College Scholarships
- Arlington County Enhances School Zone Safety With Speed Hump Installations
- Florida Wants To Teach ‘Opposing Viewpoints’ And ‘Other Perspectives’ Of Slavery
- Empowering Black Students For Success: 10 Back-To-School Confidence Boosters
- Loudoun County Public School Employees To Receive Minimum 5% Pay Raise Under 2024 Budget
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
- Morocco: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- South Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Algeria: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
Governor Wes Moore’s Vision For Graduates Comes To Life Through Groundbreaking Program was originally published on praisedc.com