A few highlighted fare changes:
· Off-peak fares: $1.70 – $3.50 (Senior/Disabled: $1.05 – $2.85)
· Peak Fare: $2.10 – $5.75 (Senior/Disabled: $1.05 – $2.85)
· The peak-of-the-peak surcharge (20¢ per trip) has been eliminated.
· A $1 surcharge will be applied to each trip taken using a paper farecard (Senior/Disabled: 50¢ surcharge). To avoid this surcharge, customers are encouraged to use a SmarTrip® card.
For your convenience, new SmarTrip® dispensers have been installed at the following stations: Rosslyn, Dupont Circle, Farragut West, Foggy Bottom, Reagan National Airport, Vienna, Gallery Place, Smithsonian and Union Station.
· 1-Day Metrorail Pass (valid at any time) available on SmarTrip® or paper farecard: $14
· 7-Day Metrorail Fast Pass available on SmarTrip® only: $57.50
· 28-Day Metrorail Fast Pass available on SmarTrip® only: $230
· 7-Day Metrorail Short Trip Pass available on paper farecard only: $35
· Regular Routes
o with SmarTrip®: $1.60
o with cash: $1.80
· Express Routes
o with SmarTrip®: $3.65
o with cash: $4
o Airport Routes $6
o 7-Day Regional Pass $16