New York-based green tea shop MatchaBar announced on Wednesday that it will release a new and improved Better Energy drink in conjunction with Whole Foods. Unexpectedly, Drake is part of the deal, too, as it’s been revealed the Toronto superstar is now one of the company’s main investors.
In a statement posted on Food & Wine, MatchaBar co-founder Graham Fortgang said the company feels “Drake not only embodies the entrepreneurial spirit of our brand, but also our company’s ethos ‘good things come to those who hustle.‘” True. Not to mention, with Drake in tow MatchaBar’s popularity will likely increase tenfold. The 6 God just walked away from the 2017 Billboard Music Awards with 13 trophies for Top Male Artist, Artist of the Year, Top Rap Artist, Top Billboard 200 Album, and Top Streaming Artist, to name a few. He also hosted the first-ever NBA Awards last month after dropping his More Life playlist back in March. If it’s hustle and exposure MatchaBar is after, it’ll certainly get it in partnership with Drake.
A little history… Max and Graham Fortgang started MatchaBar as a cafe in the Williamsburg area of Brooklyn, N.Y. The entrepreneurs and full-time students embarked on a mission to “put an end to their daily cycle of coffee and energy drinks,” at which point they ventured into a local retailer on the Lower East Side. They “were blown away by the energy and focus they experienced” after trying Matcha and a few years later, the brothers have cafes open on the East and West coasts.
SOURCE: Food & Wine
16 Of Drake’s Most Kissable Moments
1. The God, himself.Source: 1 of 15
2. Birthday kisses.Source: 2 of 15
3. #HeartEyesEmojiSource: 3 of 15
4. Coffee?Source: 4 of 15
5. Especially kissable lips.Source: 5 of 15
6. Kiss it, kiss it better baby…Source: 6 of 15
7. Kiss the kid goodbye.Source: 7 of 15
8. Kiss and tell?Source: 8 of 15
9. Sweet kisses.Source: 9 of 15
10. Pursed and ready to go.Source: 10 of 15
11. The kiss of life.Source: 11 of 15
12. Corporate kisses.Source: 12 of 15
13. Sealed with a kiss.Source: 13 of 15
14. Off guards are the best.Source: 14 of 15
15. Blow us a kiss, bae.Source: 15 of 15