Eswatini aka Swaziland is pronounced “eh·swaa·tea·nee” and is one of the 9 countries located in Southern Africa. This country gained its independence on September 6, 1968 from Britain. The Kingdom of Eswatini is one of the three remaining kingdoms in the continent of Africa. This country is landlocked inside the country of South Africa. Continue reading below to learn more about the beautiful African country, Eswatini.
Where is Eswatini located?
Facts About Eswatini:
- Capital: Mbabane and Lobamba
- Population: 1.2 Million
- Eswatini is made up of 4 regions
- Political system: As the last monarchy in Africa, Swaziland is the only African nation with a king as the head of state. King Mswati III has held the position since April 25, 1986.
- Nationality: Swazi
What Are The Official Languages of Eswatini?
Swazi and English are the official languages of Eswatini.
What Is The Currency of Eswatini?
Swazi Lilangeni and South African Rand are used as currency in Eswatini
$1 = 16.73
$20 = 334.59
$60 = 1003.77
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
What Are The Religions of Eswatini?
Religion: In Eswatini the main religion practiced is Christianity (89%).
Places to visit in Eswatini:
Americans are able to visit Eswatini Visa-Free. Here are a few places you should definitely visit while in this country:
I hope this information has given you more insight into Eswatini but there is so much more to learn! Visit their tourism website here to see more.
Also be sure to checkout articles on each of the 54 countries in Africa by clicking here: Countries of Africa
- Algeria: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Libya: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Tunisia: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- Egypt: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More
- South Sudan: Entertainment, Food, Languages, Places To Visit + More