WOL Listen Live
WOL Featured Video
CLOSE

VIA MYFOXDC:

WASHINGTON – A fire department photo-op went horribly wrong after a firefighter was badly burned during a fire safety exercise on the campus of Galludet University.

DC Fire and EMS Department Chief Dennis Rubin has apologized for the incident which he said, according to firehouse.com , looked like a “comedy act.”

The incident took place last Wednesday as firefighter set a mock dorm room on fire.

As the firefighters began to put the fire out, a Plexiglas curtain caught fire, melted, and began to drip flames on the men.

“Some of the failures on our part — and I’ll take full responsibility — had to do with the idea that we wanted to have a demonstration was impactful so that the equipment would work in a reasonable timeframe,” Rubin said on firehouse.com.

Source

Also On WOL-AM 1450 AM & 95.9 FM:
Buy Black DMV!
Buy Black DMV
1 photos